StrongPIPE® V-Wrap™ Carbon Fiber Pipe Strengthening System
StrongPIPE® V-Wrap™ Carbon Fiber is a structural strengthening system for the restoration and renewal of concrete, metallic and polymer-based pipelines. The system has been tested and meets or exceeds durability requirements (ICC-ES) necessary to provide the desired service life for pipeline structures.
StrongPIPE® V-Wrap™ Carbon Fiber (CFRP) systems are comprised of high-strength carbon fibers fully saturated in a 2-part 100% solids epoxy matrix. These thin, low-profile laminates are bonded to the interior or exterior of pipelines forming a composite lining with the existing host pipe structure.
Applied both longitudinally and circumferentially, the StrongPIPE® V-Wrap™ system is layered to meet specific design requirements. Working with STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES, owners and consultants receive comprehensive design and technical support from project start to implementation in the field.
- Fully structural repair system – custom designed to address all internal pressure and external loads
- Low profile system (typically 3/8-inch to 1-inch)
- Long term lifecycle extension of pipeline assets
- Segmental repairs or extended reaches of pipe, fits straight and curved pipe sections (virtually any pipe geometry)
- Restores full functional capacity of distressed, degraded or damaged pipelines
- Upgrade the structural capacity of an existing pipe allowing increased operating pressure
- Maintains water tightness of pipe under changing conditions of original pipe
- NSF 61 and Annex G certified for drinking water pipelines
- ICC-ES approved – meeting or exceeding industry standards for long-term durability
- No excavation needed – access through standard manholes
- Minimal downtime and impact to operations
StrongPIPE® V-Wrap™ Cured Laminate Design Values
|Strength per Unit Width||3,291 lbs/in. (0.58 kN/mm)||1,527 lbs/in. (0.27 kN/mm)||6,000 lbs/in.
|7,200 lbs/in. (1.26 kN/mm) )||14,400 lbs/in. (2.52 kN/mm)|
|Ultimate Tensile Strength||82,280 psi (567 MPa)||89,800 psi (620 MPa)||150 ksi
|180,000 psi (1,241 MPa)||180,000 psi (1,241 MPa)|
|Modulus of Elasticity||3.87 x 106 psi (26,680 MPa)||4.6 x 106 psi (31,700 MPa)||10,700 ksi
|14.24 x 106 psi (98,181 MPa)||14.24 x 106 psi (98,181 MPa)|
|Elongation at Break||2.13%||1.94%||1.40%||1.40%||1.27%||1.27%|
|Nominal Ply Thickness||0.04 in. (1.016 mm)||0.034 in.
Properties provided are for above-listed fabrics saturated with V-Wrap™ 770 Epoxy.
|Product Name||Product Description||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|V-Wrap™ C400HM||38 oz per square yard (1,300 g/m2) unidirectional high-modulus carbon fiber fabric||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|V-Wrap™ C400H||38 oz per square yard (1,300 g/m2) unidirectional carbon fiber fabric||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|V-Wrap™ C220B||19 oz per square yard (645 g/m2) 0°/90° bi-directional high-modulus carbon fiber fabric||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|V-Wrap™ C200H||18 oz per square yard (600 g/m2) unidirectional carbon fiber fabric||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|V-Wrap™ C200HM||18 oz per square yard (600 g/m2) unidirectional high-modulus carbon fiber fabric||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|V-Wrap™ EG50||27 oz per square yard (915 g/m2) unidirectional glass fiber fabric||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
|V-Wrap™ EG50B||24 oz per square yard (835 g/m2) ±45° bi-directional glass fiber fabric||Technical Data Sheet||Safety Data Sheet|
Pipe Rehabilitation Engineering Support
STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES’ Pipe Rehabilitation team provides valuable insight and assists in developing comprehensive technical packages for pipeline owners and consultants.
Pipe Rehabilitation Team Leader
Read more about our products and applications on our pipeline rehabilitation solution builder page
Design-Assist & Engineered Product Support
• Investigation Support
• Solution Development
• Budget Development
• Specification Assistance
• Constructability Consulting
• Application Engineering
• Quality Control Programs
• Project-Specific Design-Assist