- This event has passed.
Corrosion Training Course – test
January 31 @ 8:00 am - February 2 @ 5:00 pm EST
Location: STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES World Headquarters – 10150 Old Columbia Road, Columbia, MD 21046
Dates: January 31 – February 2
Session times: 8:00AM – 5:00PM daily
STRUCTURAL TECHNOLOGIES’ subject matter experts (SMEs) deliver educational training courses that address solutions that repair, protect, and enhance civil and structural infrastructure.
OUR 3-DAY CORROSION TRAINING COURSE INCLUDES:
This training course provides information about corrosion in concrete, including how it develops, systems applied for protection from it, and techniques used to assess the condition of a corroding concrete structure. This course also engages participants in a series of practical lab exercises to reinforce course topics and introduced concepts.
This is a 3-day, 30-hour course approved for 30 CEUs.
- Develop a basic understanding of electricity and chemistry as it relates to corrosion theory and corrosion in concrete.
- Understand cathodic protection principles, review galvanic and impressed current protection systems, and determine when and why to use each system.
- Complete hands-on training that includes operating and testing various galvanic and impressed current cathodic protection systems.
- Discuss corrosion condition assessment investigations and address testing techniques used for this purpose.
- Apply understanding of topics/concepts learned in a series of lab exercises.
Day 1, January 31
- Welcome and overview
- Session 1 – Basic Electricity
- Session 2 – Basic Chemistry & Basic Corrosion Theory
- Session 3 – Corrosion in Concrete
- Session 4 – Interactive lab exercises
Day 2, February 1
- Interactive lab exercises day 1 discussion
- Session 5 – Cathodic Protection Principles
- Session 6 – Galvanic Cathodic Protection
- Session 7 – Galvanic CP Systems for Concrete
- Session 8 – Interactive lab exercises
Day 3, February 2
- Interactive lab exercises day 2 discussion
- Session 9 – Impressed Current Cathodic Protection
- Session 10 – ICCP CP Systems for Concrete
- Session 11 – Condition Assessment and Design
- Session 12 – Interactive lab exercises
- Interactive lab exercises review
- Wrap Up
The training will be three days, January 31- February 2. We recommend arriving the day before training begins (January 30) and depart the evening of February 2. Day 3 sessions will wrap up between 4:30-5:00PM. Please consider the airport information below when finalizing plans.
- Baltimore Washington International (BWI): 25 – 35 minutes from training site
- Ronald Reagan International (DCA): 45 minutes – 1 hour from training site
- Dulles International (IAD): 1 -1.5 hours from training site
- Hampton Inn & Suites Columbia/South
7045 Minstrel Way, Columbia, MD 21046
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriott Columbia
7055 Minstrel Way, Columbia, MD 21046